Does the realport driver keep track of IP routing (AIX)?

What I would like to know is if the realport driver keeps a routing table or something to that effett.

I had a situation where one of my sites underwent a network change where our network department changed the IP addressing to keep in line with the rest of the organisation. We changed the driver in AIX to point to the new IP.

After some problems(not being able to change the IP on the Etherlite) it was decided to roll back the changes and return to the old IP addresses. We then changed the IP on the AIX system to point back to the old driver. (No changes were made to the Etherlite throughout)

There was no communications between the software on the server and the serial devices connected to the Etherlite. Then suddenly after and hour or two it started to work again. The only change being IP address on the server side under smit.

Now I am trying to get to the bottom of the problem. I suspect the network could have been the problem, however I want to rule out the possibility that the realport driver might have cached some kind of routng table that was still pointing to the incorrect address. As I know some com redirectors apparently do this.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

No, the driver does not do any routing.

You will want to investigate the AIX O.S. or routers on your network to determine the cause.

Ok thanks. We have been investigating the routers and have discovered many collisions occuring on the interface.