How does XBee Pro900 Coordinator operate?

Hi

The zigbee has the coordinator which contains the router list and synchronizes the sleep and wakeup of the network. Does the XBee Pro 900 have same function?

I read the datasheet and found there is a AT command “CE”, but when I send “ATCE” and get a “ERROR”, after “+++”.
If I send “CE” by AT Command of API mode:
7E0004080143456E,
I get the correct response: 7E00058801434502EC.
How to explain this “ERROR”?

The Xbee pro 900 has three modes:Normal, Indirect message coordinator, Polling device. If I have a server and multiple nodes around it, how do I set up them? The server is coordinator and the individual node is device, is it right? what does Normal mean?
If you can explain three modes in detail, I really appreciate.

Regards.

That API response is an error response. Here’s how the packet-check program decodes it:

[john@eccles ~]$ packet-check
API Packet analyzer version 1.2 for XBees (802.15.4, DigiMesh, ZNet, ZB)
Note: if it prompts for more bytes and you’re done, hit return
Enter packet: 7E00058801434502EC

Packet: 7E 00 05 88 01 43 45 02 EC
7E // Correct packet header byte
00 05 // payload length (decimal 5)
88 // Packet type: local AT response
// Valid for 802.15.4, DigiMesh, Znet2.5, ZigBee
01 // frame id
43 45 // AT command “CE”
02 // status: “Invalid command”
EC // checksum - correct

Note that status value…

Maybe you should double-check that you’re using the right data sheet.

(If you’d like to use packet-check for yourself, check out the pinned posts at the top of the 802.15.4 forum.)

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.
I downloaded the latest datasheet “90000903_D.pdf - XBee Pro 900/900 DigiMesh RF Modules”. And then I read the page 39 which describes the CE command. It is really a little bit difference from the previous one. The CE has three options:

0-Router Normal mode (previously “Normal”)
1-Indirect messaging coordinator
2-End device. Nodes configured this way will not route data. Polling device.

But the module does not support “CE” both from AT command and API mode. How can I use this command?

Regards.

Hi

Ok, I admit it. At this point I’m stuck for ideas. Maybe someone else can join in and help.

What you could also do, though, would be to use X-CTU to save a .pro file giving your module’s settings. Then post that as an attachment.

I’m clutching at straws here - just working on the principle that the more we know, the more likely it is that we can spot something.

Hi

Thanks again.
At this stage, I just proceed software development with default setting. I think it is router normal mode. I can send commands to any remote devices and receive correct responce. Ok, it meets our requirement, so I might ignore the question now.