How to setup Beekit for Xbee Series 1

Hi All,
I am a new-bee to this field. I was wondering if someone could help me with setting up a development environment for the Xbee Pro chips.
I have followed the Code Development document provided by Digi in this regard but things really don’t seem to be working that way. The most immediate problem is when I install the Freescale Beekit and followed by the “Beekit Xbee” plugin provided by Maxstream.
On selecting the MAC codebase provided by Maxstream and on trying to create a new project thereafter I get a error as shown in the attached file. Any inputs in this regard would be of great help.

Thanks,
Vijay

The plugin provided Digi’s 1101.zip just do changes on origial BeeKits code base.

As Freescale has released new version of BeeKit(1.5), there are advancement on every code base. This also let to the change in folder name of each code base.

Since the Digi’s plug-in is for BeeKit 1.1.1.0, you will see that there is new code base folder created in the code bases directory which is lacking of some essential file.

It is hoped that the attached file can help you.

Also be remeber to add code for the buttons on the interface board since the XBIB-?-DEV interface board connect the button to some where instead of the KBI module(Port A).

My XBee S1 is working well on Freescale BeeStack. I don’t know why Digi stop the ZigBee firmware on XBee S1. This is a irresponsible decision and bring me lots of trouble. I brought XBee S1 because they claimed it is ZigBee Certified.

(Sorry for my various typo mistake)

The plug-in provided by Digi’s 1101.zip just do changes on original BeeKits code base.

As Freescale has released new version of BeeKit(1.5), there are advancements on every code base. This also led to the change in folder name of each code base.

Since the Digi’s plug-in is for BeeKit 1.1.1.0, you will see that there is new code base folder created in the code bases directory which is lacking of some essential file.

It is hoped that the attached file can help you.

Also be remeber to add code for the buttons on the interface board since the XBIB-?-DEV interface board connect the button to somewhere instead of the KBI module(Port A).

My XBee S1 is working well on Freescale BeeStack. I don’t know why Digi stop the ZigBee firmware on XBee S1. This is a irresponsible decision and bring me lots of troubles. I brought XBee S1 because they claimed it is ZigBee Certified.

Thanks a lot for the info wayne…

Regards,
Vijay

Hi Wayne,
But unfortunately, even though i followed the steps in your document, I am not able to create a new project for that modified codebase.

Thanks,
Vijay

Unfortunately the Zigbee code for the Xbee S1 never made it out of a Beta version. This was mostly due to the chipset offerings of Freescale and that a more ready, Zigbee solution could be built with the Ember chipset which is now available on the S2 (Znet 2.5).

Well that is lovely. And substituting Ember would be fine except that the Series 2.5 does not support analog outputs.

Which BeeKit version you are using?

Becaues of you, I found that there is new BeeKit 1.6…

My document is written for BeeKit 1.5…

I don’t know what have been update in BeeKit 1.6…

Sorry, I can’t help anything…

Hi Wayne,
I was able to make some progress with creating a project. Everything worked fine, except that when I tried to export the solution Beekit popped up a message box asking me for a license. It would be great if you can tell me as to how did you overcome this problem. I have attached a “Print Scree” of the problem I am encountering.

Thanks,
Vijay

Dear Vijay,

Sorry for my late reply.

I also have the same problem, but it occur only for Mac CodeBase, SMAC and BeeStack are able to be exported. What I needed is the BeeStack, so I did not find the problem…

Since the MAC and SMAC are free, it should be work fine…
It seems that there are some real licensing issue on the modfied MAC codebase that regarding the .lic file. It is difficult to be solved by ourselve.

For quick solution, you may want to have a look at SMAC codebase.

Regards,
Wayne

Thanks for your help Wayne… Shall keep you posted.

Regards,
Vijay

Hi Vijay,

I’m having exactly the same problem: when I try to export XBEE SMAC from beekit, I get a license error. Instead, exporting is working fine with freescale original codebase.
This license trouble only shows up with MaxStream codebase.

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks,
George

Actually I was able to export SMAC after doing the trick explained by Wayne’s attached.
I’m using beekit 1.6.
I checked the platform in beekit, and comes up as XBEE.

Thanks a lot,
George

Hi George,
Nice to know someone else working on this too. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to make any progress in this regard. Shall keep you posted in case I do.

Thanks,
Vijay

I also am trying to use the XBee Development Code with Beekit 1.6 and only get errors.

The explanation of version 1.5 does not work and in my particular opinion the instalation Code creat less folders than normaly.

Any solution to work with the beekit 1.6 with the XBee Development Code?

Thanks

Hi all,
I’m using beekit 1.9.2 and codewarrior 6.1 SE and I got errors very similars to the ones explained above:
When I try to create a new project with the codebase “BeeKit MAC Codebase 1.0.1 Custom” beekit simple crahes. Yes, with no error nor explanation.
The SMAC codebase gives me the same error as vijayvdixit’s.
The zigbee codebase works fine but, when I export it to codewarrior and compile, it gives me the error “ioconfigS08.h not found”. I copied the file manually and it compiles fine… except the linker error becouse of the code size limitations of codewarrior SE.
So my question is: Has enyone of you achieved any success?

Thanks in advance.

PD: sorry for my english.