"Parameter error" when using cache="false" for xbee query_state command.

Hi,

When I send an SCI call like this one :

I get this answer :

Parameter error
              addr

If I send the same request than above with cache=“true” I get a good response.
Is this a bug or is there something that I don’t understand?

Thanks,

Benjamin

Hi,

If you take a look at this page, http://www.digi.com/wiki/developer/index.php/RCI_do_command, it shows that the extended address should end in ! for the addr attribute to work, like . Give that a try and see if it works with cache=“false”. It would be interested to know if it does work, if it still works in the case of cache=“true”.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. It does work with the ! at the end of the extended address and cache=“false”.

Thanks,

Benjamin

Hi cpopp,

It worked fine for me without adding “!” at end of extended address and cache=“true”. it is showing same response for cache=“false”.

Regards!
kavya

Two years have passed since Chris gave his response. I suspect they got sick of that question and tweaked the responder to be a bit smarter and understand 8-octets as a ZigBee MAC with or without the “!”.

Still won’t hurt to follow the published rules as in other situations, the “!” will still be required. In truth, that “!” was used to allow appending end-point and cluster info to the addrees, much as a “:” is used to append port info to an IP.