Programing problem

One more useful note to understand what recovery method does to Xbee.

XBee modules use a modified version of Ember’s bootloader. This bootloader version supports a custom entry
mechanism that uses module pins DIN (pin 3), DTR / SLEEP_RQ (pin 9), and RTS (pin 16). To invoke the bootloader,
do the following:

1. Set DTR / SLEEP_RQ low (TTL 0V) and RTS high.
  2. Send a serial break to the DIN pin and power cycle or reset the module.
  3. When the module powers up, DTR / SLEEP_RQ and DIN should be low (TTL 0V) and RTS should be high.
  4. Terminate the serial break and send a carriage return at 115200bps to the module.
  5. If successful, the module will send the Ember bootloader menu out the DOUT pin at 115200bps.
  6. Commands can be sent to the bootloader at 115200bps.
    Note: Hardware flow control should be disabled when entering and communicating with the EM250 bootloader.

That’s what it means!

Thanks,
Andy

It is a trick point that RTS is disabled in default settings while it is required for firmware update. The bootloader reads RTS at start up no matter if it is disabled.

PS: DTR means Data Terminal Ready. It is not mentioned in the manual:)

Can you please post a whole code snippet for RESET button?

Are you asking for FR command in AT commands?

FR, Software Reset. Reset module. Responds immediately with an OK status, and then performs a software reset about 2 seconds later.

I checked your site. Are you using Xbee in furniture?

Regards,
Andy

Can you please post a whole code snippet for RESET button?

Were you claiming on me to simplify my posts???
You have good avatar picture by the way.
It’s funny it’s your first post in this forum. I’m glad I pulled your first interest. lol.

Be nice to me please:)
Andy

Today I received new programmer. With them recovery method work great! :slight_smile: My XBee now working great!
Many thanks for help! :slight_smile:

oh!,great,great,great,many great.

I am also glad to solve a problem.

Today I received new programmer. With them recovery method work great! :slight_smile: My XBee now working great!
Many thanks for help! :slight_smile:

Glad you get over it. And excuse my scattered disfigures. I have learnt from this too. But what I said were all true. I guess lots of people are experiencing similar problems. I assume Digi to show sample circuits for USB and RS232. All sample programmer circuits I saw in the internet didn’t have RTS and DTR connected.

I asked Digi support to show sample circuits. Hope they will do.

Regards,
Andy

Need to develop my skills in programming! What are the skills do your new programmer have ?

Hey friends please suggest some outstanding ways for optimizing coding?

Hi guys from real estates, I think you guys better find someone experienced both circuit designing and programming. Xbee is not easy like touching iPhone. If you have a courage to do yourself, try to make something that works with Xbee for your own use. You will learn a lot for your business too. IMHO.

Regards,
Andy

Hi Andy,

There is no point responding to the realestate guys or the kitchen furniture gal, these are all just spam!

Peter

how can i configure xbee s2 to a mesh connection? I have 4 xbee s2

Hi Andy,

There is no point responding to the realestate guys or the kitchen furniture gal, these are all just spam!

Peter

Thanks Peter. What a fool I was:( I thought Xbee has got the home use field and it would be interesting… not so unreal for Xbee to be…

It has another interest that there’s such job like posting subject relative spam… with a nice gal pic.

Thanks,
Andy

You’re welcom Andy.

I had to look twice at these ones as they were a little more clever than some of the others I’ve seen. Usually they are repeats of small snippets from a post one or 2 places before them in the thread to make it look like it is someone chipping with a similar answer.

Regards,
Peter

hai sir,
i bought 2 xbee s2 modules they are working well and i tried for sending digital data and configuring the remote with coordinator… they performed well and
i tried to change the MODEM CONFIGURATION from ZIGBEE ROUTER AT(22A0 version) to ZIGBEE ROUTER/END DEVICE SENSOR (2464 version).
now all are gone… when i am trying to read the modem or test/query in xctu… the modem is not able to communicate and there is no response while i tried to read/write/restore…
there is a message displayed that to press the reset button and release …i tried it tooo but the message box was not closing.
please send me info how to recover my modem…?

thank u.