I am using the Remote Program Update by creating a http client that gets the remote firmware from a server… The initial steps work well, it is possible to execute buDownloadInit() and buOpenFirmwareTemp(), the issue appears when buGetInfo() is executed because it currently prints the ENODATA error… I found in the documentation that this error means there is no info found in source and/or source not open.
Is this related to the new firmare itself or am I ignoring something?
- Use Dynamic C to “Compile to .bin File”
- Upload that file to your web server (if via FTP, make sure it’s in BINARY mode and not ASCII).
- Download the file using your computer and verify that it’s unchanged from the original .bin file.
- Have your Rabbit firmware download the same URL.
- Test the content with buOpenFirmwareTemp() and buGetInfo().
For the download:
- Call buDownloadInit().
- Call buDownloadTick() until it returns something other than -EBUSY. If it returns 0, you should have a complete download.
You can use buReadFirmware() after buOpenFirmwareTemp() to look at what’s actually stored in the “Temp” firmware location.