Simple chip to start..

Hi,
I want to renovate a logic system into a micro based board. I would like to use c and write some code on Xcode(OS X). I am looking to find a simple chip to start on may be 12-18 inputs, 10 outs or so. I have someone to help me get going with the language to get my feet wet, but will likely do some consulting to speed up the curve. If you’ve used a specific chip and have a part number you like that would be great
Thanks

[QUOTE=andrewking;413]Hi,
I want to renovate a logic system into a micro based board. I would like to use c and write some code on Xcode(OS X). I am looking to find a simple chip to start on may be 12-18 inputs, 10 outs or so. I have someone to help me get going with the language to get my feet wet, but will likely do some consulting to speed up the curve. If you’ve used a specific chip and have a part number you like that would be great
Thanks[/quote]

anyone guide me on this…

It seems from your description of needing a ‘simple chip’ and a logic system with 12-18 inputs and 10 outputs that this system is not extremely complicated. From the sounds of it, the previous system was done with digital logic. If this is the case, Xcode and OS-X are MAJOR overkill. The underlying system needed to run OS-X is a way more than your description. Now if you’re willing to stick with C there are many options available. Is your design all logical, in other words, digital logic level inputs and outputs, or are there analog inputs or outputs that need specific drive capability? Answer these questions and I’ll recommend a core module or SBC to you.