Smart Plug AT switch to API

Could someone tell me if there is a way to use API witha Smartplug that is already using AT? Would i have to open it and use the X-CTU program, or can I access this feature through any other means. I am currently trying to setup a BACnet BB2-7040 to talk to a smartplug.

The SmartPlug has no CPU, so changing the firmware to API won’t make any difference.

Don’t confuse YOU using API on a second node with the need to add API to the SmartPlug. For example, I can send API frames from a Xbee coordinator runing API firmware to query the status of a SmartPlug with AT firmware. The API-vs-AT is only related to local serial queries, not radio commands.

Same question confussed me also, I’m gonne buy this smart plug wifi but not sure about brand and quality, gan anybody give some tips?

This is kind of high technology product, different voltage, different temperature condition all sounds complicated.

Then brand of Home automation outlet switch is not as many as I have expected, but still hard to make choose cause of difficult specifications

Wifi power socket realize remote control of home electronic appliance, it’s also a kind of fashion among young people. Wherever they are, they switch on/off their air conditioner, curtain, TV with smart phone to show they are fashion keeping.

Energy saving is a hot topic among all people, smart outlet switch has not only this function but also brings more conveniences to modern life, that’s why young people became crazy about this great invention.

Energy saving plug is really a hot topic among most people.