Whether time.tics() will Rollover to zero after reaching the maximum value which is 298hrs?

Whether time.tics() will Rollover to zero after reaching the maximum value which is 298.8hrs?
As I am using in my code time.tics() start time= time.tics() and calculating the difference ,so if my loop runs for 12 days after that how will I get the time difference like 298.8 hrs is maximum value I guess if it becomes zero again then some Milli second minus my current time will differ so any solutions please help

What product are you referring to and in what language are you writing this code in?

we are using Digi XBee® 3 DigiMesh 2.4 RF Module

Firmware Version :- 300B

Language - Micropython using micropython terminal of xctu software

Yes it will. That is why the ticks_diff exists.

So in that case after 298.8 it gets roll over to zero ,example 20 hour - 17 hrs = 3 hrs, what will happen 298hrs (start time) - 50 min (end time) = 291.10 minutes ,So it will spoil my difference value after 12 days ,as we are running the modules for years without any changes. how to solve this?

What is your application doing that requires it to measure extended periods of time?

One option will be to run ticks_diff() periodically and if the time elapsed is over a certain amount increment a counter and reset ticks_ms().

For example, if tick_diff() is over 1 day, increment a day counter, and then reset tick_ms().

1 Like

i am waiting for your valuable reply please help us out.

I am sorry but I do not understand your comment. At the max value, the next tick will be 0.