I have some XBee Pro Modules (revB) and would like to flash it with the 2064 firmware and use it as ZB coordinator in Transparent Mode.
The problem is, X-CTU tells me:
“Unable to programmmodule.
Incompatible function set selected for current module.”
So do I have the wrong modem?
This worked for me when the reset trick refused to.
It is possible when using the USB board. You just have to go about it in a different manner.
- Take the module out of the interface board.
- Connect the interface board to the computer.
- Open X-CTU
- Go to “Modem Configuration”
- Put a check in the “Always update firmware” box
- Select proper modem from drop down menu,
- Select proper function set and firmware version
from drop down menus.
- Click on the “Write” button. After a few seconds of
trying to read the modem, you will get an Info box
that says Action Needed. At this point, CAREFULLY
insert the module into the interface board.
- You may get the info box again a short while after,
just use the reset button on the interface board.
This should get you back up and running.
It can take a couple of tries but it worked for me.