yocto crda issue

Hi,

I’ve tried to bitbake dey-image-minimal but bitbake encountered a mda checksum problem with getting the crda package :
Checksum failure encountered with download of htttps://wireless.kernel.org/download/crda/crda-1.1.3.tar.bz2;name=crda - will attempt other sources if available

When I try to get this uri by browser, it tells me that the topic does not exist yet.

How can I resolve this issue ?

Regards,

Pascal

Yes, looks like the link is broken. Try loading the file from here and place it in you workspace Downloads folder (something like /home/tim/dey-workspace/ccimx6sbc/downloads )

http://kernel.mirrors.pair.com/pub/software/network/crda/crda-1.1.3.tar.bz2

The contents of wireless.kernel.org is being reorganized upstream and that has broken the meta-openembedded crda recipe.

Until there is a fix upstream, please apply the enclosed patch on your DEY installation as follows:

cd ${DEY_INSTALL_PATH}/sources/meta-digi
patch -p1 < 0001-meta-digi-dey-crda-fix-broken-upstream-recipe.patch

Regards,
Alex

0001-meta-digi-dey-crda-fix-broken-upstream-recipe.patch

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer.
I’ve get the bz2 file and put in download. But, when I launch bitbake dey-image-minimal, I have the same result than before.
What I have to do?
Regards,
Pascal

Thanks Alex,

I will try this tomorrow.
Regards,
Pascal

Please see post below from Alex with link to the patch

There is now a mirror where we have uploaded the missing packages.

To enable it, add the following lines to your project’s local.conf file.

INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
SOURCE_MIRROR_URL = "ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/digiembeddedyocto/mirror/"

Then to be safe, clean previous attempt of downloading the missing packages:

bitbake -c cleanall crda

And now you can bitbake dey-image-minimal again. It should get the missing packages from the mirror.

Regards,

Javier Viguera

The dey-1.6.4 hotfix includes Digi’s mirror by default. Please update if you are experiencing this issue.