Acceleport RAS 8-port not recognized

Hi All,

I have an 8-port RAS card that isn’t recognized by Windows2003 or CentOS 5.2. Windows thinks it is a “PCI Memory Controller” and Linux says:

[root@sandbox proc]# lspci -vvxxs 02:09.0
02:09.0 Memory controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Unknown device 4146 (rev 12)

I take it from other posts that these are either signs of resource contention or a bad card. Is this the case, or is there another possibility?

Thanks,
Simon

Make sure you’re using the latest driver for either platform. In the case of Linux, you’d want to use the pre-release dgdm driver, found in a link at the bottom of any of the Acceleport RAS Linux driver pages.

If having the latest driver doesn’t get this working, you would definitely want to examine the resource contention possibility. In Windows, you can find useful info in Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information, then go to the Hardware Conflicts section. In Linux, you might find it under /proc/PCI or /proc/IRQ. Though I’m not familiar with CentOS specifically, this is where you’d find it in RedHat, so it may be similar.

Here’s a useful article on resolving Hardware Contention issues: http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl.jsp?id=223

If you power off and physically uninstall the adapter, power up and open the device manager, do you have any other items with the yellow exclamation mark?
Try to resolve any other non-working devices before trying to install the AccelePort RAS. If you are not able to get these other devices installed, disable them. Power down and re-install the adpater. If Windows still detects the adapter as a PCI memory card, please try to install the adapter into another (different type) PC.
If Windows still detects the adapter as a PCI memory card, it is likely bad and you will to get an RMA for it.
If Windows detects the adapter correctly, then you won’t be able to use the adapter in the first PC.

There are no unresolved conflicts, yet Windows still shows the adapter as a PCI Memory Controller. I have tried the adapter in the following:

HP Proliant DL380
HP Proliant DL385
Dell PowerEdge 2650
Dell Optiplex 240GX

Wherever possible, I reserved resources in BIOS (after trying it with the automatic settings) but there is no difference.

All of the machines are able to correctly identify other multi-serial and multi-modem boards from Perle, MultiTech, and Comtrol, (in both Windows and Linux) so it looks like the PCI slots are ok.

Bad board?

Yes, it appears that the board is bad. Please contact Digi for an RMA. Depending on where you are located, you may need to contact your reseller or place of purchase.
If you are in North America, you can call Tech Support at 952-912-3456 for set up a case online at this link:
http://www.digi.com/support/eservice/login.jsp?p=true