API commands doesn't work

Hi again and thanks for your answer, i was adding the ascii code in hex for calculate the checksum, I saw it on any post… but I also tried with 0x84 in the checksum and there´s no response of the XBee module, I use 125Kbps UART 8-N-1 no flow control, AT commands works ok, so I don’t know what is happening. May be the R0 AT command?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Intense

Hmm. I’m running out of ideas here. Some people have reported getting better results with 2 stop bits at high baud rates. Might be worth a try, though I’m not too hopeful. Or you could try reducing the baud rate to 9600 for testing purposes.

Clutching at straws, I suppose you do have API mode enabled (AP=1)?

I don’t think the RO command would affect anything - just leave it at the default value of 3.

Overall, your TX packet (with 84 as the checksum) should Just Work. Do you have, or have access to, a development board for the Xbees? If so, maybe hook it up to a PC and experiment with that. That would eliminate any possible problems with the code on your microprocessor. You could try using the 0x08 packet type to read some local parameter values, for instance.

Or maybe someone else might have some better ideas.

Now it works!!! You will kill me, the module was configured at 9600 and the PIC at 125Kbps, so they didn’t understand. I make a mistake, I thought that all modules was at 125K, I think the last time I used XCTU I forgot changing the speed. I tried also with the other Xbee hearing and the tx status was succesfull.

Thanks very much for your time, I appreciate your effort!!!

Message was edited by: Intense

Ah! I’m delighted to hear it. And no, I won’t kill you - we’ve all been there. Sometimes you just have to eliminate the obvious and then look at what’s left…