Clarification of previous message

When I add the application gpio_test to the kernel configuration screen, it created in the folder build / apps / gpio_test of my project the following files: 1) “gpio_test.c” 2) “Makefile” 3) “gpio.h” but the module “gpio.c” doesn’t add automatically as well so put it in the manual “Digi ConnectCore User’s Guide for Command Line Tools”.
The module “gpio.c” I created by: 1) make build_kernel 2) make kernel_modules and then putting the kernel image to the board. And my modules are in the folder build / modules /gpio of my project. So I understand that my module “gpio.c” is generic of DIGI and yours is your own because you created with the application gpio_test.
But to me, why the module can not automatically create with the application?

Thank you very much LeonidM

gpio_test is user space application. gpio module is a kernel module - it is accessing resources that cannot be accessed from user space.

So how can I use the function irq_handler of module gpio.c told me to work with interruptions? Please help me.

yes, you should be able to use it. just remember it is ISR so no printfs or anything using interrupts and it has to be short.

I don’t understand anything, sorry. You can explain me in more detail?