Create a data stream from a scheduled operation (or other method to plot VCC voltage).

I am trying to figure out a way to plot xbee VCC in Device Cloud. I’m trying to look at device voltage drop over the course of a day to judge battery capacity required. The easiest way I have come up with is scheduling an operation that gets the state (query_state) via RCI. One of the parameters that is returned by this is supply_voltage, which is exactly what I’m after.

I was trying to find a way to output the results to a data stream so I can trend the voltage. The operations completes every 10 minutes as scheduled.

I’m also open to suggestions as to a better method of querying for the voltage. I’ve thought about using the V+ setting and setting it to 0x0C00. I haven’t played with standalone XBEE sampling yet which is why I opted for the query_state option.

Thanks,
Kurt

Connect the VCC line to one of the ADC lines (with the proper level shifting) then set the ADC line for a sample rate. Push that data to the cloud in your python script.