dynamic C routing

dear Sirs,

I’d want to know if is possible the routing between the PPP and the ETH interface. I opened both interfaces with the ipconfig():

ifconfig(IF_ETH0, IFS_IPADDR, aton(“192.168.1.254”),
IFS_NETMASK, aton(“255.255.255.0”),
IFS_ROUTER_SET, aton(“192.168.1.1”),
IFS_UP,
IFS_END);

ifconfig(IF_PPP0,
IFS_PPP_INIT,
IFS_PPP_SPEED, 115200L,
IFS_IPADDR, aton(“10.1.10.1”),
IFS_PPP_ACCEPTIP, 0,
IFS_PPP_SETREMOTEIP, aton(“10.1.10.2”),
IFS_PPP_ACCEPTDNS, 0,
IFS_PPP_LOCALAUTH, “”, “”,
IFS_UP,
IFS_END);

The PPP interface is on serial port and without modem. I’d want to send the TCP/IP traffic from PPP interface to the Ethernet port with a static route. Is it possible?

Regards,

It might be possible to forward the PPP traffic to a single destination IP on the Ethernet interface, but I think it would require low-level changes to the library.

What are you trying to accomplish? Setting up a Rabbit to share a PPP connection with multiple hosts on the Ethernet? Doing that would require NAT (network address translation) and tracking of connections between the Ethernet hosts and the PPP link.

Hi Tom,

I’d want to provide a datalogger with an external ethernet port. This datalogger has a TCP/IP stack and a serial port for the PPP.

What are the low level changes to the library for the Dynamic C?

thanks

In that case, it sounds like you just want to allow for TCP/IP communications on both interfaces. In that case, you don’t need to make any changes to the libraries. You can configure the Rabbit to establish a PPP connection and/or connect to an existing Ethernet network.