Error in Pycharm while Building Project

Hello. While building in pycharm im getting this error message:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke “java.lang.CharSequence.length()” because “this.text” is null
at java.base/java.util.regex.Matcher.getTextLength(Matcher.java:1769)
at java.base/java.util.regex.Matcher.reset(Matcher.java:415)
at java.base/java.util.regex.Matcher.(Matcher.java:252)
at java.base/java.util.regex.Pattern.matcher(Pattern.java:1134)
at java.base/java.util.regex.Pattern.matches(Pattern.java:1175)
at com.digi.python.utils.VersionUtils.isVersionString(VersionUtils.java:69)
at com.digi.python.utils.VersionUtils.compareVersions(VersionUtils.java:29)
at com.digi.python.actions.compile.BuildProjectAction.compileDirectory(BuildProjectAction.java:409)
at com.digi.python.actions.compile.BuildProjectAction.compileDirectory(BuildProjectAction.java:469)
at com.digi.python.actions.compile.BuildProjectAction.lambda$compileProject$2(BuildProjectAction.java:302)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager$2.run(CoreProgressManager.java:281)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.startTask(CoreProgressManager.java:428)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.startTask(ProgressManagerImpl.java:115)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.lambda$runProcessWithProgressSynchronously$9(CoreProgressManager.java:512)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressRunner.lambda$new$0(ProgressRunner.java:87)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressRunner.lambda$submit$4(ProgressRunner.java:251)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.ProgressManager.lambda$runProcess$0(ProgressManager.java:71)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.lambda$runProcess$2(CoreProgressManager.java:186)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.lambda$executeProcessUnderProgress$13(CoreProgressManager.java:604)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.registerIndicatorAndRun(CoreProgressManager.java:679)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.computeUnderProgress(CoreProgressManager.java:635)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.executeProcessUnderProgress(CoreProgressManager.java:603)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.executeProcessUnderProgress(ProgressManagerImpl.java:61)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.runProcess(CoreProgressManager.java:173)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.ProgressManager.runProcess(ProgressManager.java:71)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressRunner.lambda$submit$5(ProgressRunner.java:251)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressRunner.lambda$launchTask$18(ProgressRunner.java:465)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$PrivilegedThreadFactory$1$1.run(Executors.java:702)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$PrivilegedThreadFactory$1$1.run(Executors.java:699)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$PrivilegedThreadFactory$1.run(Executors.java:699)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840)

I dont know what could be the problem.
im using Pycharm 2023.2.5 and Digi Xbee 2.17
Python 3.12

Sincerely Pascal

Follow Up Question,
What IDE could i use instead of PyCharm if it doesnt work?

I would suggest that you look at reloading your Java version. I would also suggest trying to simply loading one of the sample apps to see if that works or not.

I tried the blinking LED Sample. Also installed java.
Still getting NullPointerException.

This looks like it is some sort of License issue. Try removing the app and its plugin. Make sure you then delete it from the hard drive. Reboot and then reload it from scratch.