help needed with inferfacing sf1000 flash card using FATfile system

line 121 : WARNING FATWTC.LIB : Invalid redefinition of macro ‘FAT_TOTAL’.

I have been attempting to run a FAT file system on an SF1000 (external 8MB serial flash memory) connected to my RCM4400W.
I’ve looked at sample code and tried to replicate the necessary steps, but when I try to run any code that accesses any FAT functionality, the Rabbit stops working and the computer it is attached to says that it has lost communication to the target. Also, any compilation gives me the above warning message.

I have attached the library I am using to define the necessary items. When I replace #use “fat.lib” with this library in a sample, such as FAT_SHELL.C, it gives me the above problems.
I tried setting a breakpoint at the first instruction in main(), but it is never reached, so main() doesn’t ever seem to start executing.
When I include the library but never call any flash-related functions, the program runs fine. For example, I made a program that #use’d this library, but only had main() do a single printf, and it worked just fine. However, as soon as I add any fat-related calls (for example, printf(“%d”, num_fat_devices)), the program fails to reach the first line of main() and loses the connection to the computer.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME.
THANKS