LCD

HELLO.
IM NEW IN THIS FOR FOR BE MORE EXACTLY IM NEW IN THE USE OF THE RABBIT I GET THE RCM 4000 MODULE AND I WANT TO WORK WITH A LIQUID CRISTAL DISPLAY LCD 16X2 AND I NEED HELP TO DO THAT, I SOME ONE CAN SEND ME AN EXAMPLE FOR DO THAT.
THANKS.

hello guy, welcome to the rabbit forums :slight_smile:

first of all, turn of those CAPS, writing in caps seems to most people as shouting, and shouting is not the way to get the attention you want.

About the LCD, what kind of LCD are you using? And how is it wired to the core module? Do you have the datasheet of the lcd available?

I believe there are no samples available for hooking up a lcd character display, but it shouldn’t be to hard to get it working. So post the info…

In a related problem, I am trying to use I2C to a VK 202-25 LCD display. The LCD works fine in RS-232 mode with direct hook-up to my computer, so its not that. I soldered the jumpers for the I2C so now im ready… but my code doesnt do anything. I thought it would be easy enough, but I dont know if im missing something?

#class auto
#use rcm40xx.lib
#use “i2c_devices.lib”

//number of milliseconds to wait between write operations
#define WRITE_TIME 5

//I2C device address of EEPROM chip
#define lcd_address 0x50

void main()
{
brdInit();
i2c_init();

while(1)
{
I2CWrite(lcd_address, 0 , “Test”, 4);
}
}

I am about to hook up a scope to the commication pins, but am lacking a scope right now, so i guess it could still be hardware. I got the pull-ups and am using the developement board with my com wires soldered to the PD6 & PD7 pads. Please Help! Thanks.

-Matt

The 4010 doesnt allow you to use portD, I had to go into the I2C.LIB and change it from portD to portC, works fine.