missing bytes (serial / RS232)

Hmmm.

I can’t help you with that.

We have more problems with the serial port.
Try using a clean Rx-Tx only connection with 115k2, you will see that the data is shifted with one ore more bits…

I have experienced this as well. I don’t have a solution yet but try using tcgetcounters and observer the number of norun counts.

No offense taken. I freely admit that I’ve never coded embedded or this close to the hardware before taking on this task, and I was running “blind” most of the time. I built my code pretty heavily based on examples in the forums and the samples provided by Digi. In the interests of learning, is there anything specific that cried out as “bad”?

I do believe that I had re-written most of the code already, but was still experiencing the serial port lying about how many bytes it had. Though again, that could just be me misunderstanding how the serial port is supposed to be used.

Thanks for the example. Assuming the project I was working on becomes un-shelved in the future I will put it to good use (the hardware side ran into issues and the project was put on hold).

So far I upgraded to NET+OS 7.4.2 and everything works fine so far.