Problem with SNMP scalar object GET-NEXT request

hello,I am implementing SNMP agent on NET+OS without management variables so I have to develop action routine of READ also. GET command is working fine and but when agent receives GET-NEXT command with the previous OID, I dont know how to specify the type of requested object in the accessor routine. Currently, I am updating the new OID in the ‘name’ argument. Management station parses the response for the next OID correctly from its name but it does not parse its data type correctly. It causes problem when type of requested object is different from previous object. I will appreciate any help for resolution of this problem Thanks, Amir

Did you ever get any resolution to your problem described below? I am experiencing the same problem. Regards, Joe > hello, > > I am implementing SNMP agent on NET+OS without > management variables so I have to develop action > routine of READ also. GET command is working fine and > but when agent receives GET-NEXT command with the > previous OID, I dont know how to specify the type of > requested object in the accessor routine. Currently, > I am updating the new OID in the ‘name’ argument. > Management station parses the response for the next > OID correctly from its name but it does not parse its > data type correctly. It causes problem when type of > requested object is different from previous object. > I will appreciate any help for resolution of this > problem > > Thanks, > Amir