Timer

Hi all, nice to meet you all…

I am a new user on Rabbit, in fact Im a beginner in microprocessor kind of thing…

I have a problem that I hope there is someone that can help me, and prevent me jump out of window:)

My problem is, I would like to determine the timing for 1 clock pulse, the timing that I want is between 1st falling edge and 1st rising edge…

anyone can make me enlighten? Thank you…

Hi,

its not clear whether you are trying to measure timer clock pulse width or system clock pulse width or any external clock pulse. if external clock you can use external interrupts with edge trigger selection and a timercounter.

Read up on ther Input Capture peripheral. This will likely provide the functionality that you need.

thanks for the reply…

the clock i measure is external clock. i know how to set the interrupt,but i dont know about the timer,what timer is suitable for that??
can you give a brief explanation?

and where can I read about the input capture peripheral? Thank you…

The input capture device is described in the Microprocessor User’s Manual for your processor(by the way, it would help if, when asking a question like this, you would indicate what processor or core module you’re using). Go here:
http://www.rabbit.com/docs/
and find the manual for the processor you’re using.

oh ok sorry for that,im using the RCM5700… Ok thanks for the answer,i’ll try to read it…