Xbee only transmits data every 5 seconds

I am trying to configure two Xbee S2C’s to communicate. I am sending data through UART into the DIN pin on the coordinator, and trying to receive data through the DOUT pin on the router.

For some reason, the data only seems to come through once every 5 seconds. The DOUT pin is high for 5 seconds, and then a bunch of the uart signals get sent through at once. The signals seem to come through in bunches of 15, then a short pause, then 15 more. It seems around three to six of these 15-bunches of uart signals comes through every 5 seconds.

I am not sure what could be causing this, but I am fairly new to Xbees. I am running them in ZIGBEE TH Reg version 4061 in AT mode. I disabled CTS and RTS, and I set the RO Packetization Timeout to 0.

If anyone could help me solve this problem to get a continuous stream of data sent through the Xbees it would be greatly appreciated!

Ben

Lassley,

Try adjusting the DL and DH function on your Coordinator from the default broadcast mode to Unicast mode. The reason for that is that in broadcast mode, the routers need to wait between packets to allow the packet to be re-transmitted over the mesh network.

Digi Support

Thank you for your response. I tried adjusting the settings as you suggested, but I still seem to be doing something wrong. Here are the settings for each Xbee:

Coordinator:
PAN ID = 5135
Scan Channels = 7FFF
Coordinator Enabled
SH = 13A200
SL = 41B12A48
MY = 0
MP = FFFE
DH = 0
DL = FFFE
AT mode enabled

Router:
PAN ID = 5135
Scan Channels = 7FFF
Coordinator disabled
SH = 13A200
SL = 41A755B4
MY = FFFE
MP = FFFE
DH = 0
DL = 0
AT mode enabled

Do you see what I am doing wrong here?
Thanks again

Lasley,

Set the DH on the Coordinator to 0013A200 and the DL to 41A755B4. That should take care of it.

Digi Support