(Yocto Build Conflicts) ConnectCore i.MX6UL Starter Failing to build image because of package conflicts

I’m attempting to build a custom image for my ConnectCore Start board. I am following the instructions found in this guide:

https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/pdfs/90001423.pdf

I have edited my local.conf file as such to include a variety of extra development tools (modifications below). However, the build fails (error below the file contents).

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES ?= “debug-tweaks”
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += “dbg-pkgs” #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += “dev-pkgs” #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += “tools-sdk” #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += “tools-debug” #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += “eclipse-debug” #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += “tools-profile” #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += “tools-testapps” #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE

#Extra features to support WiscSee/WiscSim

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " btrfs-tools" #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " f2fs-tools" #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " python-bitarray" #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " blktrace" #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " xfsprogs" #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " python-pip" #ADDITIONAL FEATURE/PACKAGE

upon invoking bitbake, after getting ~80% through with the build, it fails while invoking dnf (error below):

aes_local@aes-local-VirtualBox:~/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/conf$ bitbake core-image-base
NOTE: Started PRServer with DBfile: /home/aes_local/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/cache/prserv.sqlite3, IP: 127.0.0.1, PORT: 42907, PID: 22733
Parsing recipes: 100% |######################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:01:53
Parsing of 2212 .bb files complete (0 cached, 2212 parsed). 3050 targets, 158 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION = “1.36.0”
BUILD_SYS = “x86_64-linux”
NATIVELSBSTRING = “universal”
TARGET_SYS = “arm-dey-linux-gnueabi”
MACHINE = “ccimx6ulstarter”
DISTRO = “dey”
DISTRO_VERSION = “2.4-r1”
TUNE_FEATURES = “arm armv7ve vfp thumb neon callconvention-hard cortexa7”
TARGET_FPU = “hard”
meta
meta-poky
meta-yocto-bsp = “HEAD:fdeecc901196bbccd7c5b1ea4268a2cf56764a62”
meta-oe
meta-python
meta-filesystems
meta-networking
meta-webserver = “HEAD:dacfa2b1920e285531bec55cd2f08743390aaf57”
meta-qt5 = “HEAD:bf68f8b8f5a31c9814a09f6c4e145dda7cdd8634”
meta-swupdate = “HEAD:ca89e377482015ff9807179fc224cc2f5f9c65a6”
meta-freescale = “HEAD:d6141ea291a1ac9ab8fb1dd1110d408f840fda57”
meta-fsl-demos = “HEAD:0ec6d7e206705702b5b534611754de0787f92b72”
meta-digi-arm
meta-digi-dey = “HEAD:1246ecff2cecea9247d94f36385608ac844d7abb”

Initialising tasks: 100% |###################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:18
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: core-image-base-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Could not invoke dnf. Command ‘/home/aes_local/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/work/ccimx6ulstarter-dey-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/dnf -y -c /home/aes_local/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/work/ccimx6ulstarter-dey-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/dnf/dnf.conf --setopt=reposdir=/home/aes_local/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/work/ccimx6ulstarter-dey-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/yum.repos.d --repofrompath=oe-repo,/home/aes_local/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/work/ccimx6ulstarter-dey-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo --installroot=/home/aes_local/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/work/ccimx6ulstarter-dey-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/rootfs --setopt=logdir=/home/aes_local/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/work/ccimx6ulstarter-dey-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/temp --allowerasing -x udev-cache --nogpgcheck install packagegroup-core-tools-profile xfsprogs packagegroup-dey-bluetooth packagegroup-dey-network packagegroup-base-extended packagegroup-core-standalone-sdk-target python-bitarray packagegroup-dey-wireless rpm packagegroup-core-boot packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear run-postinsts dnf psplash btrfs-tools python-pip packagegroup-dey-audio packagegroup-core-eclipse-debug packagegroup-core-sdk packagegroup-core-tools-debug packagegroup-core-tools-testapps f2fs-tools blktrace locale-base-en-us locale-base-en-gb’ returned 1:
Added oe-repo repo from /home/aes_local/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/work/ccimx6ulstarter-dey-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Tue 17 Apr 2018 10:15:58 PM UTC.
Error:
Problem: package packagegroup-dey-core-1.0-r0.0.ccimx6ulstarter requires networkmanager, but none of the providers can be installed

• package networkmanager-1.8.2-r0.0.cortexa7hf_neon conflicts with connman provided by connman-1.34-r0.0.cortexa7hf_neon
  • package packagegroup-distro-base-1.0-r83.0.ccimx6ulstarter requires packagegroup-dey-core, but none of the providers can be installed
  • package connman-client-1.34-r0.0.cortexa7hf_neon requires connman, but none of the providers can be installed
  • package packagegroup-base-1.0-r83.0.ccimx6ulstarter requires packagegroup-distro-base, but none of the providers can be installed
  • package packagegroup-core-tools-testapps-1.0-r2.0.ccimx6ulstarter requires connman-client, but none of the providers can be installed
  • package packagegroup-base-extended-1.0-r83.0.ccimx6ulstarter requires packagegroup-base, but none of the providers can be installed
  • conflicting requests

ERROR: core-image-base-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/aes_local/workspace/ccimx6ulstarter/tmp/work/ccimx6ulstarter-dey-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.22873
ERROR: Task (/usr/local/dey-2.4/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-base.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code ‘1’
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5455 tasks of which 5423 didn’t need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
/usr/local/dey-2.4/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-base.bb:do_rootfs
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

I also modified package_manager.py in /dey-2.4/sources/poky/meta/lib/oe/package_manager.py to invoke the ‘–allowerasing’ flag with dnf to try and override the conflicts, however it still errors out here. What am I missing?

Thank you

looks like the bug from here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1441636
Did you try the workaround?

I ended up going and creating a completely new project and pulling in the latest DIGI Yocto 2.4 packages and building everything from scratch. Everything seemed to have compiled fine after that.