Bl4s200 analog input channel

Hello,

I have some brand new bl4s200 boards stored in sealed anti-static bag, they were purchased 5 years ago. I try to use them this year. I understand the battery is flat. I change battery, however, some of analog channels can’t be calibrated? does it mean board is damaged? if not how can I reset it or repair it?

Calibration constants are stored in non-volatile flash, and will persist even without the battery backup.

Are you using programs from Samples/BLxS2xx for calibration? Which channels are you having difficulty calibrating? What do you see if you run the appropriate ADC/Adc_rd_*.c sample?

You should be able to recalibrate any channel/mode with those samples.

Hello, Tom:

Thank you for your response. I got some boards to work after I change the battery. However, one board still doesn’t work, please see attached screen shot. I try two range setting 5v and 10v single end unipolar analog input. as you see the controller can’t read correct counter (raw data) on channel 0 (first analog channel). channel 1 and channel 3 are working properly.

That looks like a problem with AIN0 on that board. Maybe a short or a bad connection? You could try referencing the schematic and using a multimeter to check continuity between the pins and other components on the PCB. Is it possible you have pins 1 and 2 of JP4 connected, configuring AIN0 for 4-20mA instead of voltage?

It’s unfortunate that the board is out of warranty. Was that a new board, or one that’s previously been used?

Hello, Tom:

Thank you for your response. After I check carefully the board, I found R114 (0.953Mohm) at the bottom of board close to J12 is broken. I assume this resistor is input resistor of analog channel 0. It is quite small surface mount resistor.

Yes, it is. You can see it on page 6 of the schematic.