about Back to back packets lost in MAC + DMA

Would anyone like to tell me if the problem of “Back to back packets lost in MAC + DMA” found by Mr. Nkfelectronics is due to NET+50 itself. Is there any method to solve this problem? I am planning to do an Ethernet application using NET+50 and I have purchased Nucleux Ethernet Driver Module for NET+50? Help!!!

>Would anyone like to tell me if the problem of “Back > to back packets lost in MAC + DMA” found by Mr. > Nkfelectronics is due to NET+50 itself. Is there any > method to solve this problem? I am planning to do an > Ethernet application using NET+50 and I have > purchased Nucleux Ethernet Driver Module for NET+50? The problem is still there. It has to do with the timing between two packets, ‘almost’ back to back. They show up in the DMA buffer as either a message with part of the message shifted 2 bytes to the back, or as a ‘skipped’ message (nothing in buffer, the buffer itself is marked empty). Loss is worst case in the order of 24 ppm (packets per million). It has been found also on after a hub (many units receiving the same packets) so it is definitely the receiver. Since we use streaming video, low latency, we cannot retry packets and now use forward error correction to solve the problem. One must either use a protocol that provides reliability (TCP etc) or use FEC. Regards, Arie de Muynck