Android binder transaction error

Hi,

I’m working with a ConnectCore 6 I-DL-4-512-WiFi-BT module and aadk4.4.2. I’ve compiled android, copied the sdimage into an SDcard and boot without any problem.

Everything goes ok during boot until a “binder: 89:89 transaction failed 29189, size 0-0” appears (in an infinite loop) and system does not show the terminal prompt.

Could it be related to the 512MB of memory in the Dual Core Lite module? How can I avoid this error and perform a complete boot?

Thanks in advance.

similar thread here:
https://community.freescale.com/thread/317676

are you using correct u-boot image for your board?
memory size could be a problem too. Does it gets stuck ? never completes boot?

Thanks for the fast reply. I’m using the u-boot image that comes with the module. After booting with this u-boot I boot the kernel and android from SD Card.

In order to create this SD card I’ve compiled the aadk4.4.2 (lunch 23 and make) and dd the sdcard.img into the SD card.

How can I be sure that the generated kernel and android image are settled for a 512MB system?

Yes, the system never boots completely.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the fast reply. I’m using the u-boot image that comes with the module. After booting with this u-boot I boot the kernel and android from SD Card.

In order to create this SD card I’ve compiled the aadk4.4.2 (lunch 23 and make) and dd the sdcard.img into the SD card.

How can I be sure that the generated kernel and android image are settled for a 512MB system?

Yes, the system never boots completely.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Carlos, Try to clear the cache and set proper display(assume you are using the HDMI) on the module by using the below commands at the U-Boot console.

=>setenv extra_bootargs video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off
=>setenv video_args
=>setenv bootargs_android “androidboot.hardware=ccimx6sbc”
=> bootargs_once=“androidboot.cache=format androidboot.data=format”
=>boot

If there is no problem, module should boot now.