AnywhereUsb/14?

Dear support,

I have the following question about your Anywhere USB 14 ports device.

What I know from the past is that when you install the driver software on the host machines, physical or virtual that you needed to have a runtime user in Windows that continues needed to be logged on to the application server that needed a USB device. When in certain situations a administrator logged into the server for maintenance they forgot to login the runtime user again, so application did not work because driver was not loaded and USB key was not found.

With this version of a 14 port hub and the ability to install it with the latest drivers under 2008R2 or Windows 2012 server is there a server service that does the job now from your installation, without having a logged in runtime user for your environment.

The second question I have is because it has two RJ45 Ethernet ports on the device, is it possible to put an alias on the device so it would be easier to implement under DNS or in situation where one device have a failure you can quickly bring up a new device, just physically replug the USB dongles from the device to the new one.

I hope you can provide me with a solution.

Kind regards,
Ray

You can create a group for each customers, meaning you can create 14 groups as there are 14 USB ports.
Once the customers are assinged to the one port no other computers are able to connect to that port.
But these ports are not password protected, once the customers disconnect the AUSB that USB port is available for other PC to connect

The 2 Ethernet ports are for network fail over.
Which means if one network fails the other network takes over, hence the device will always be in network available for host machines to which it is connected.

Once a host machine is connected to one USB port, the USB port becomes unavailable for other machine even for the admin. This is similar to the group of ports.

So, if another user needs to use the particular USB port or the group of USB port(only in MHC USB devices) then the one who s connected to it must disconnect from the device.