BL2010 upgrade from 256K Flash to 512K

Hi,

I am using the BL2010 (128K SRAM and 512K Flash) board for our application, but since a short I get the following error message when I compile the application: out of root code space. I moved as much as possible code to xmem, but the application grows. Therefore I ordered a board with 512 RAM and Flash, but when I compile (to attached target), it still does not fit. The compile dialog mentioned still a board with 128K SRAM and 256K Flash (Board 0x0801).
How can I use the full 512K Flash memory of my board. Do I need a newer version of DynamicC?
The part number of my new board is: 20-101-0727, BL2020 with 512K Flash.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I ran into the same problem, except that it was the same source code that compiled OK 2 weeks ago. Now it has this error! I have not added any code.

Please tell me if you found anything or some how have the problem resolved.

Best Regards,
Tod Dang

Hi,

I just unchecked a debug feature named: Enable instruction-level single-stepping, then the errors went away.

I AM NOT SURE THIS WAS THE PROBLEM OR NOT. BECAUSE THE BINARY CODE IS ONLY 221 KB AND i HAVE 512kb ram/512 kB FLASH.

regards,
Tod

Hi,

You need to edit the file BIOS\StdBios.C and enable the definition of USE_2NDFLASH_CODE.

If you don’t have 512K, you can enable the following compiler option :
“Enable separate instruction and data space”.

Regards,

Luc Verstreken