ccardimx28js yocto start (eclipse, bitbake)

Hello,

i’m trying to use bitbake and yocto with the connectardim28js.

So far, i have succefully created my image with my own recipes using bitbake. But there are some more questions:

a) Is it possibile to add all recipes of a layer? At the moment i add every recipe on its own with the local.conf line “IMAGE_INSTALL_append = …”

b) What is the correct way to set the default root password and hostname? I tried the following line, without success:

DISTRO_HOSTNAME = “coffeeroaster”
inherit extrausers
EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS = “usermod -P password root;”

c) How do i remove default software distributed by the digi layer? In the local.conf there is for example no line for the default webserver. Do i have to edit the layer?

d) I try to use eclipse to create my own project. Creating a C++ project my linker seem to not knowing my own classes. I get always undefined reference error for my own classes and its methods. Its a very basic Hello World programm with a testclass printing “Hello World”. In eclipse I choosed “Hello World C++ Autotools Project”

Thank you very much for you help!

a) I think what you want is to create your own layer
Create your own custom layer. Poky provides a script to create custom layers:

cd /usr/local/dey-2.0/sources

./poky/scripts/yocto-layer create your_layer

b) I succesfully used 2 lines below to add a new user:
inherit extrausers
EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS = “useradd -P 2015*08 leonidm;”

more details and examples here:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/FAQ:How_do_I_set_or_change_the_root_password

inherit extrausers
EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS = “usermod -P 1876*18 root;”

c) modify meta-digi layer

d) please take a look at this presentation:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/596srcc2i9oig9l/DEY%20-%20hands-on%203%20-%20Application%20Development_20160228_rebranded.pdf?dl=0

Alright I’m working on it, but just another question:

Using Eclipse I am wondering how to add the sqlite3 library? I can use #include “sqlite3.h” and the file is found. But i always get an error “undefined reference”.

Using the autotools c++ project it seems to not have the classic library section under properties -> c++ build.