Changing the MAC address on RCM

Hi all,

We have a product in which one of the card utilises RCM6750 mini core module. This product has a unique MAC address. But I find that the RCM6750 MCM also has a MAC address. This product is manufactured in our production and each product as such has one RCM6750 with a unique MAC.

I would like to get clarification on the following

Since our product has its own MAC , we dont want the RCM6750 module’s MAC address in our product . Whether we can edit the RCM6750 MAC address ? Is it permitted? If yes can I know how to do it?

Secondly, If our 100 products have RCM modules in them , any means is there to edit all of them and repeat the above procedure of removing the MAC of the RCM6750?

Thanks in advance,
spra18

Hi ,To my understanding the MAC IDs supplied from the Digi with the modules are purcahsed from the IEEE. I think if you
purchased a license from IEEE for a different MAC address,
then you can put it on Rabbit modules.

There is sample application to write the ID block on the RCM6750 module. Using this application you can write the new MAC ID ,
In this application you need to change the proper MAC ID and run the application then it will set the new MAC ID, download the zip file( Rabbit - Write ID Block 10.70) from the link below , and follow the below procedure

http://www.digi.com/support/productdetail?pid=4978&type=documentation

(Note: This write ID block application specific to the Dynamic C 10.70)

1. Unzip this zip file into the root directory of Dynamic C 10.70.
    It will add the write_idblock libraries and sample programs to the correct directories.

In the samples directory go to the sub-directory for your specific board.
Open the write_idblock_xxx.c program.
Follow the directions inside for your specific board type.
Compile and run the program.