Connection Modbus TCP/IP

Is it possible to connect

DIGI Transport WR31 via ethernet port to a MOXA ioLogik E1242 and send to an OPC Server?

As of right now, I’ve connected the DIGI WR31 via ethernet to a Moxa ioLogik E1242.

From my Opc server I can ping the DIGI WR31 (on celluar) and from the DIGI WR31 telnet session I can ping the MOXA ioLogik E1242.

I was thinking of purchasing more DIGI WR31 if this is possible. I like the stability of DIGI cellular router products better than Moxa, but if this is not possible I would have to go with the MOXA product that allows this.

Thanks.

I do not see any reason why it would not work together with the MOXA. You would simply VPN to the WR31 and access the MOXA as normal. Alternatively you could port forward but make sure you have strict firewall policies because you don’t want things like this hacked.

Don’t forget that the WR31 has 1 x Analogue input (0-10V, 4-20mA) and 2 x DIOs and the serial port is an RS232,422,485 port that can do Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII to Modbus/TCP/IP. So you may not even need the MOXA for some sites.