Connection Problems with PortServer TS 1 NEED HELP RIGH TWAY PLEASE!!

Okay, so i have a computer we use to submit payroll and the modem decides the other day that it doesn’t want to connect anymore. I have tried to uninstall the modem then reinstall it, but it doesn’t seem like it wants to configure correctly. I accessed the same connection from a different computer and it seems to connect just fine, i also pinged the connection with out any issues. I am completely out of ideas and need to get this resolved ASAP. thanks in advance!!

Tony

There isn’t enough information here to say why this is happening, and the forums are intended for peer-to-peer communication, i.e. responses from the support dept. are not guaranteed.

If you need immediate assistance, I’d recommend calling Technical Support so you can create a case and get this looked at.

> There isn’t enough information here to say why this
> is happening, and the forums are intended for
> peer-to-peer communication, i.e. responses from the
> support dept. are not guaranteed.
>
> If you need immediate assistance, I’d recommend
> calling Technical Support so you can create a case
> and get this looked at.

sorry i ment to post up this error.

the error i get is:

Remote access error 797 - A connection to the remote computer could not be established because the modem was not found or was busy. For further assistance, click More Info or search Help and Support Center for this error number.

does this help?

Please call Technical Support.