Could not determine operating mode @XBP24C7SITB

Hello.

I have acquired this XBEE radio, it is a programable radio. So, I can access to radio from XCTU, selecting ‘this is a programable radio’, but, from a simple java app using xbee java lib, it is not possible becuase I receive
com.digi.xbee.api.exceptions.InvalidOperatingModeException: Could not determine operating mode.
at com.digi.xbee.api.XBeeDevice.open(XBeeDevice.java:218).

So, I went through this thread: https://github.com/digidotcom/XBeeJavaLibrary/issues/57, and I realized that I have to flash “Serial bypass application” so I will be able to access to this radio from a java app, but, in order to do that, I have to get the programable kit of xbee radio, and use the Code Warrios and the Digi SDK, but I don’t have the program board.

Is there a way to ‘flash’ this pogramable radio with the ‘serial by pass application’ without the program board? or do i need to acquire a non-programmable xbee radio?
Is there a way to ‘flash’ this pogramable radio with the ‘serial by pass application’ without the program board? or do i need to acquire a non-programmable xbee radio?

You can try to enter the bypass mode option that is listed in the manual but if that does not work, you will need to use the bdm programmer and boards.