cross compiling for cc9p9215

When trying to cross compile Precision Time Protocol (PTP) for the 9p9215 I receive several error messages on make,
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c: In function ‘isc_md5_invalidate’:
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:70: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘bzero’
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:70: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘bzero’
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c: In function ‘isc_md5_update’:
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:191: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘bcopy’
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:191: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘bcopy’
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:195: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘bcopy’
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c: In function ‘isc_md5_final’:
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:230: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘bzero’
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:236: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘bzero’
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:245: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘bcopy’
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c: In function ‘MD5authencrypt’:
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:271: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘bcopy’

and further down:

dep/daemonconfig.o: In function loadCommandLineKeys': /home/dsb/ptp/ptpd-2.3.1-rc4/src/dep/daemonconfig.c:2590: undefined reference to index’
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.o: In function isc_md5_update': /home/dsb/ptp/ptpd-2.3.1-rc4/src/dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:195: undefined reference to bcopy’
/home/dsb/ptp/ptpd-2.3.1-rc4/src/dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:203: undefined reference to bcopy' /home/dsb/ptp/ptpd-2.3.1-rc4/src/dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:211: undefined reference to bcopy’
/home/dsb/ptp/ptpd-2.3.1-rc4/src/dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:191: undefined reference to bcopy' dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.o: In function isc_md5_final’:
dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.o:/home/dsb/ptp/ptpd-2.3.1-rc4/src/dep/ntpengine/ntp_isc_md5.c:271: more undefined references to bcopy' follow collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[2]: *** [ptpd2] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory /home/dsb/ptp/ptpd-2.3.1-rc4/src’
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dsb/ptp/ptpd-2.3.1-rc4’
make: *** [all] Error 2

I think I must need to “include” something, but not sure what.

is strings.h included?
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/warning-incompatible-implicit-declaration-of-built-in-function-�bzero�-635670/

string.h was included in the iniparser.h file. I added strings.h but made no difference. Also, can compile complete program on the Linux machine, just not cross compile for the cc9p9215 module (make CC=arm-linux-gcc)
Info I am providing is:
export PATH=/usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin:$PATH
export TOOLCHAIN_DIR==/usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/
export ac_cv_func_malloc_0_nonnull=yes
CC=arm-Linux-gcc ./configure --host=arm-Linux --target=arm-Linux --disable-snmp --prefix==/usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi
then:
make CC=arm-linux-gcc

you have “==” in 2 places where it should be
“=”
also --target=arm-Linux - has a typo too “L” should be lower case
for example:
export PATH=/usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin:$PATH
export TOOLCHAIN_DIR=/usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/
CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure --host=arm-linux --target=arm-linux --prefix=/usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi
make CC=arm-linux-gcc

In further checking, both the string.h and strings.h files are “included” within the ptpd.h file, which lists all includes. I do not understand why the compiler is not seeing the index, bzero, and bcopy functions, as these are declared in the string.h file.
Any ideas suggestions would be VERY welcome. THANKS !