Dial-in Speeds Slow

Hi,

I just moved my Digi AccelePort RAS 8 card to a Windows 2003 server.

Since this move, users have been reporting dial-in speeds of 14.4K or lower (sometimes even 1.2K).

The Driver version is 3.10.225.0

Users are connecting with 56K modems and on the previous sever (a very slow Win2k box) they were able to recieve 33k speeds…

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance
Chiara

Along with the migration to the new 2003 server, had anything else changed regarding the card? In particular, is this card in a new server box or was just the OS changed? Is it in a different location where it might have a different Telco service provider and phone number?

The reason I ask is because connect speeds are often related directly to line conditions at a particular location. Installing in new server hardware could also play a part due to things like resource contention.

I am also experiencing slow dial-in speeds. My connection speeds are usually 24K and no higher. I just installed an 8-port card on a Win2K server.

Maximum theoretical speed would be 33.6k (for more details about analog modem speeds, please visit http://www.56k.com ), so 24k is pretty average speed. Improving phone line quality may bring connection speeds closer to 33.6k

We’ve experienced the same on Win2k Advanced Server. We’ve had several tech in and tested the quality of line, server settings, etc. All will get a 48-52k connection on any machine with a 56k modem, but NOT ON WIN2k. It appears the modems are “squelching” for it but windows is knocking it down. We’re currently testing the modem banks in Fedora Core 3 and SCO as it appears to be a window thing. Let me know if anyone has any other ideas.

John