Digi Acceleport 8 port RAS - Slackware 12?

Hi there,

I have a Digi Acceleport 8 port RAS PCI card.

Is there any hope in getting the dgdm-1.1-14.src.rpm installed under a Slackware 12 based distro?

I followed the instructions for getting it to run under Red hat Enterprise Linux using that source rpm but it bails during the rpmbuild --rebuild with:

RPM build errors:
File not found by glob: /var/tmp/dgdm-buildroot/usr//man/man1/
File not found by glob: /var/tmp/dgdm-buildroot/usr//man/man4/

is PAM required? slackware doesn’t use it

or any idea why it might have failed?
thx muchly

I recommend using the tgz installation method. To get the tgz image, simply run “rpm -i (driver).src.rpm”.

The tgz installation steps:

tar xzvf (driver).tgz
cd dgxx-(ver)
./configure
make all
make install
make postinstall
/etc/init.d/dgdm start

wow, thats fantastic, it compiled fine.
The path at the end was slightly different (using Vector Linux)
/etc/rc.d/init.d/dgdm start

thx - for your prompt response even though I posted it in the wrong forum. :wink:

btw - so the driver is working and that’s nice.

Next Q I have is …
I’m hoping to use the RAS to redirect to DOS Virtual Machines running under VMWare…

What do the different modems show up as under Linux - how can I find them? I assumed they would show as serial ports, but I only have /dev/ttyS0 through to S3 …

Thoughts?
Steve

These ports will be created as ttyG0_00 through ttyG0_07. If you need a specific label, symbolic links work fine:

ln /dev/ttyG0_00 /dev/ttyS2

Remember, the device name you are giving/linking to cannot already exist.

I can’t thank you enough, - I battled to get this working under Windows 2000 Pro… Driver installation was rough and it wouldn’t add the ports etc… Under linux with your assistance this was a total breeze and I literally exclaimed a few swear words in disbelief as my first PC Anywhere connection to my dos machine running our POS worked with success… You truly are awesome userid0. :slight_smile: