DIGI Connect EM version 0640 - appli loading

Hi all,

I received new Custom DIGI Connect EM with “0640” version written on it, instead of “0637” (below the MAC address).
Indeed the serial menu at startup is a little different, and my NETOS6.0b application is correctly loaded. However, the program doesn’t want to start !

I tried on several v0640 DIGI, and always the same issue.

Does somebody has the same problem ?

Paul

If you haven’t already, download the FLASH patch (http://ftp1.digi.com/support/patches/FlashFixes_60F.htm) from the support site. The flash chip on the Digi Connect EM was updated between Net OS 6.0 and 6.3 and your 6.0b image doesn’t support the new flash chip.

Thanks,
I was wrong, I was already in NETOS 6.0f, but I will try the new flash fix.

Paul

Hi,
Do I need to recompile the BSP in order to use the new flash patch? Or I just need to recompile my application ?

Thanks,

Paul

You need to recompile the Flash libraries, then the BSP, and then finally your application.

Hi,
I tried the flash fix on NETOS6.0F and it works well on my DIGI EM dev card (with JTAG) which version is 0710. I changed the bootloader + the app.

However, when I load my application into a v0640 DIGI EM card, it doesn’t boot anymore…

Could it be an IP parameters version into NVRAM problem ?
Could it be because I changed the bootloader?

When I changed the bootloader, the standard naftpapp loaded successfully, so I don’t think it is problem.

Thanks for any information…

Paul

Hi,
I really need information: I don’t have a lot of pre-v0640 DIGI Network EM anymore, so if v0640 cannot work with NETOS6.0F appli & bootloader I have to react quickly!

Thanks,

Paul

I succeeded to load my NETOS6.0F on the DIGI, so the problem should have comed from the IP parameters in NVRAM: the MAC address has been erased (00:40:9d:badbad) and IP address is the default one.

Is there a way to avoid the IP erasing when loading a NET0S60F firmware ?

I am migrating to NETOS7.1 but it will take me some time !

Paul

The flash library just allows the application to identify the correct flash in the module (i.e. the new flash library only adds a new entry in the possible flash chips it can identify), so it is able to work with old and new modules. As for the MAC and the IP changing, these are likely your default settings specified in appconf.h. NVRAM gets defaulted only when customizeReadDevBoardParams can’t identify the devBoardParamsType structure stored in NVRAM. So likely the image you had stored in the module was newer than 6.0F. I.E. NET+OS 6.0 knows nothing of a 6.3 or newer image’s devBoardParamsType structure. The new 6.x firmware that comes on the modules, however, should just work with a 6.0F image.