Digi Connect ME - new batch is different

Hello,
We’ve just received a new batch of Digi Connect ME. And our usual upload procedure doesn’t work.

We’re using a console program called “netosprog.exe” to search out the devices. (That doesn’t work.)
We’re using the same program to upload the rom.bin. (That doesn’t work.)
We’re using FTP to upload the image.bin. (That doesn’t work.)

We’ve found another program called “ConnectProg.exe” that can search out the new device. Fair enough. The password has also been changed from “Netsilicon” to “dbps”. Fair enough.
The new “ConnectProg.exe” seems to be able to upload the rom.bin + image.bin. But the new firmware doesn’t seem to be applied. (Nothing happens.)
If you try to upload it through new web page, it says “invalid image header”.

Also when studying the module, it’s called “-S” in front of the part number. Where our usual modules are called “-C”. Meaning that it’s a “plug-an-play” module and not a “NET+OS”.

So, should we just ask for a refund and replace the “-S” modules with “-C” modules? Or has the “-C” modules become obsolete or something?

The -S are plugNPlay units, They have different software installed. If you are using NET+OS you need to get the -C units that are configurable. These units are still in production. The part number you will need is DC-ME4-01T-C, this is the one with 4MB.
You should exchange all units with -S.

1 Like

Please contact your distributor for exchange or return

1 Like