Digimesh 2.4 packets arrive out of order

Hello,
We’ve got a DM24 network using XBP24 modules (Firmware V8003)
The network in on a rural property with one module on a tower in a central location, purely to act as a relay.
All units are set to 9600 baud. We’re uing the network in broadcast mode (DH=0, DL=oxFFFF).
Packets sent from one end node (a water tankmonitor) sends the ASCII string “Tank Percentage:nn” There is a millisecond delay between the text and the numeric data.
Using a laptop close to the tank (and therefore I assume single hop) the data is always received as expected.
Looking at the data from the far end of the properts, and assuming it is relayed via the tower, the packet intermittently arrives with the numbers first, followed by the text.
I have set up tests using the wifi network looking at receiving modules in defferent locations, and I am confident that the correct data is always being transmitted.
I’ve experimented with RO settings which don’t appear to make a difference.

I’m looking for advice - hopefully just a simple setting that should be set - to resolve this? I’d also like to understand why this is happening!

I don’t seem to be attracting any comments to my post! Has no one else experiences this? Are any Digi engineers monitoring this forum? I’d be very greatful for any suggestions…

Hello James,

I guess you are using the module in Transparent or AT mode. Try setting the receiver in API mode and monitor with the laptop if data is being received in one or two packets (I bet it’s two).

If setting RO in the sender to the maximum does not solve the problem and it still sends the information in two packets instead of in one, I would try with setting the destination to the receiver’s address instead of sending a broadcast message.

Let me know if you have any update on this. Best regards,

P/S: version 8003 is a bit out of date, update the firmware to discard solved bugs.

Hello again James,

In this posta user also receives the payload in two packets, easy to tell that because of the API frame delimiters. Let us know if you have any update on this. Regards!

I don’t seem to be attracting any comments to my post! Has no one else experiences this? Are any Digi engineers monitoring this forum? I’d be very greatful for any suggestions…

Plagiarism Software