Edgeport/4 drivers for Vista

Thanks; downloaded and installed the drivers. It was a new installation-old XP computer crashed, only replacements now have Vista. Installation is a bit cumbersome, in that the Vista installer installs each com port independently, looking for drivers on the Internet first. But everything seems functional now, except for the configuration utility (which I presume will be in a late issue). Can’t change port numbers or configure to select ports by USB port location, but otherwise usable. Will continue to use it and see what else develops.
Thanks again; Ed.

hi would you send along the vista drivers to me as well?
64-bit vista ultimate here – if you don’t have someone in beta on 64-bit, well I guess you have one now!!! thanks,

Hi,

We do not have a 64bit version of Vista drivers. As a fyi we do not have 64bit drivers for any operating system.

If you want the 32 bit version of the Vista drivers (for a different system perhaps) let me know and I can get them to you.

Mike

yes, certainly.

send to rob underscore vanhooren at mac dot com

but please I trust I can count on you to escalate the lack of 64-bit support issues to your management – lack thereof will prove significant in the coming months as 64-bit OS (esp. vista and w2k3-svr) will be strategically important.

I’m sure it was an oversight.

It is NOT a hard thing – I can have my shop run the compile for you through to certification if you like.

very easy – should definitely be in scope of the release.

I’d hate to have to give business to your 64-bit capable competitors and dump Digi altogether.

thanks,

Rob.

Rob,

I’ll send you the 32 bit drivers and then of course I will pass along your comments to our product manager.

Thanks for your feedback.

Mike

Rob,

Please send me your email address and I’ll get you the drivers.

Mike

oops! I see where you gave it to me.

I’ll send it right now.

got them.

any word on the 64-bit driver compile? Hoping for end of April, hope you can accommodate. Let me know if there’s something I can help with.

Rob,

I just haven’t heard anything for 64bit support. We don’t have 64 bit drivers for any operating system.

If you or your company has a huge need for them please let me know and I’ll have someone from sales contact you.

Mike

Any update on 64bit Vista drivers. I have 2 Edgeport/8 that I don’t want to have to throw away.

Eric,

Let me find out where we’re at on this and I’ll get back to you later today.

Mike S.

Eric,

Hello, this is the latest information that I have from our product manager on the Vista 64 bit support:

“We have started working on 64-bit and Vista support for the Edgeports and the Watchport sensors. We don’t have a detailed schedule yet. I anticipate we will have a better schedule in 1-2 weeks. Previous estimates have been that this driver would be available 5-6 months after work began on it (which is last month)”

Please let me know if you have any further comments/questions.

Mike Swift

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Is there anyway to get put on a notification list for when the driver is available? Also do you need any beta testers?

Thanks,
Eric

Eric,

You are definitely on the notification list. I will be more than happy to get you any beta driver when it’s available. Please feel free to contact me periodically and I’ll let you know where we stand.

Eric,

To make my list better if you could email me your contact information (full name, email address, and phone number) it would be appreciated.

Thanks