eraseFlash

If you have a Connect product (ME, EM, SP, etc), currently running Digi’s default firmware, you will likely experience problem when attempting to load in any NET+OS application which initializes a File System.

The program ‘eraseFlash’ has been modified from the provided example naflash to erase all flash sectors past the device’s BOOT and POST (which are needed for the device to properly boot). The provided naflash example attempts to erase ALL of the flash, which results in the erasing of the POST. With a valid POST, the Connect product will not bootup the NET+OS application (but applications executed via GDB/GDBTK will still work).

ftp://ftp.digi.com/incoming/tech_support/ConnectME/examples/eraseFlash.zip

Build this example and run it via GDB or GDBTK. As of 01-19-2004 I have verified that this example works properly on the Connect ME. I have not had an opportunity to check it against the EM of SP. As more testing is performed I will update this thread.

Please feel free to modify and use this program as you desire.

Cameron

This is an update to the previous post. Additionally, the above URL no longer exists, as the example source is attached above.

Some of our customers may be using the Legacy Support Kit (LSK), in conjunction with NET+OS 6.0 and the Connect ME -S modules. These modules ship with Digi’s default firmware application programmed into flash. The flash file system (FFS) used with this application is incompatible with the version used in NET+OS 6.0.

In order to get your custom application, with FFS support enabled, running you will have to erase the flash sectors which are used for the FFS. The attached example application is a modified version of naflash, which erases all flash beyond the BOOT and POST space (e.g. starting at offset 512KB).

Other development kit users may also find this example useful, as well. This example is provided on an as-is basis with no support from Digi/NetSilicon (in respects to the application itself).

Feel to modify the example as you see fit.

Cameron