Failing to establish network communication with my XBee 3(s).

EDIT** UGH. nvm lol… I just plugged in the antennas that came in the box… poof works. But I thought they had a built in on-chip antenna as well as the connector antenna?.. this was literally like a multiple day issue and all I had to do was plug in the dang antennas

Here’s my simple code… it works immediately when I plug in my XBee S2C(s) but when I plug in my XBee 3(s) I get an error.

Here is the code:

from digi.xbee.devices import XBeeDevice
from digi.xbee.io import IOLine, IOValue
import time

local_device = XBeeDevice(“COM5”, 9600)
local_device.open()

Get the network.

xnet = local_device.get_network()
remote_00 = xnet.discover_device(“ROUTER_00”)
print('remote_00 = ', remote_00)

while True:
remote_00.set_dio_value(IOLine.DIO0_AD0, IOValue.HIGH)
time.sleep(2)
remote_00.set_dio_value(IOLine.DIO0_AD0, IOValue.LOW)
time.sleep(1)
print(‘yay’)

The error that I get is an attribute error saying that None type doesn’t know .set_dio_value. So essentially the remote_00 is returning as None… aka when I discover the specific device it does not find it!
This code works immediately for my XBee S2C(s).

In XCTU all devices have the same ID and SC. The NI is spelled correctly. API mode is selected for all. Firmware is latest version for each module. The coordinator COM port is selected correctly… the baud rate is 9600 and should be fine… I think.

so I dont know what I am missing. Probably some crucial basic configuration misstep.

I would provide screen shots but this forum doesn’t allow that… at least I am not sure how to do so lol

Any ideas?

thanks!

Glad to here you got it going. Not having the antennas connected will do that every time.