"Hello world" Eclipse Error

I have a XBee 868 DK and I try the “Getting started with XBee Java Library” guide to lunch my first app which is “Hello world”. The problem is that I have a sender module established in the Java Application on port COM3 and the same module on the same port connected on XCTU.
So when I try to launch the Java application using Eclipse the output of the application is
WARNING: RXTX Version mismatch
Jar version = RXTX-2.2pre1
native lib Version = RXTX-2.2pre2
>> Error
com.digi.xbee.api.exceptions.InterfaceInUseException: Port COM3 is already in use by other application(s)

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Close out of the XCTU software. With COM ports, only one application at a time can have access to the port. In this case your Java application wants access but XCTU was already using it. Closing out of the one will allow the other to have access.

1 Like

I know, but the guide say that I need to open both of the applications to do the test… Otherwise I couldn’t know if the packet is received.

I think what they are referring to is to connect two modules to two separate interface boards and USB ports. Then use the Java app for one USB/COM port and XCTU for the other.

Yeah, you’re totally right. I was confused, I’m sorry for the question.
Thank you!

No problem. I can guarantee that you are not the first and will not be the last to get confused by this. If anything, hopefully someone else will read this post and learn from it.