Help Me in My Graduate Project

Hi Every One
i am new to xBee and arduino but i have graduate project and i want to connect between 2 arduino mega board via 100m distance WiFi 2 xbee WiFi shield so which shield offer to me great connection with arduino mega i want to use xBee Pro 60mW Wire Antenna - Series 1 (802.15.4) can i connect it directly with arduino mega without any add-ons to make the connection between the board

Whoa.

Communicating between Series 2 and Series 1 is supposed to not be supported, AFAIK.

For Arduino+Xbee <----> Arduino+Xbee, you can do this via serial or via IO passing.

The only issue with connecting via direct IO is that the voltage levels on the Xbee are 3.3V, and the Arduino is 5 V. So, if you have an output from the Arduino, you need to use a resistor divider:

5 V signal from Arduino Output ----- 4K7 -----+------7K3----- GROUND

Where “+” is where you bring the signal to the Xbee. You also need to connect the Xbee and Arduino grounds, of course.

If you are using a shield, then you should be able to plug the XBees in and start sending data.

If you are not using a shield, then double-check the UART voltage of your Arduino. If it’s 5V, then you will want to do some level shifting to avoid damaging the radio. XBees are 3.3V only, and applying 5V to any pin will damage it.

The Series 1 (802.15.4) is perfect for this project and should work out-of-the-box without any additional configuration.

On the Arduino, you’re treating them as a simple serial connection. On the first, you’ll send the data as a Serial.Write(), on the other, you’ll receive it as a Serial.Read().

1 Like