help with User Block functions for RCM3000

Hi,

I am using an RCM3000 Rabbit module with Dynamic C v9.62. I am trying to save some settings to the user block using the provided write function which I can then read back later even after power has been removed.

Now as far as I am aware this writes to the flash memory and as such should still be there after power is removed. As I can gather this is the purpose of the user block (ie for saving settings as an example).
When I turn the power off and then on again and load my program I am not getting back the value I had previously saved.

I have taken a snippet out of my code if it helps, I am fairly sure that I am using the user block functions correctly as when power is applied I can write and read without a problem, its only when I do a power cycle and then try to read from the user block that I am having a problem recalling the data. Perhaps it is my associated C code that isn’t up to scratch?!

//Save All Rabbit Settings
case 0x64:
     temp=get_port_pins(PORTA);
     user_block_data=&temp;
     printf("Mem Loc=%X	Data=%X	Bytes=%u
", (SysIDBlock.userBlockLoc+user_block_addr_offset), *user_block_data, user_block_size);

return_value=writeUserBlock(user_block_addr_offset, user_block_data, user_block_size);

//clear user_block data for testing purposes
     temp=0x00;user_block_data=&temp;

switch(return_value)
     {
     case 0:
          printf("writeUserBlock: Success
");
          break;
     case -1:
          printf("writeUserBlock: Invalid address or range
");
          break;
     case -2:
          printf("writeUserBlock: No valid System ID block found
");
          break;
     case -3:
          printf("writeUserBlock: Flash writing error
");
          break;
     default:
          break;
     }
     break;

//Load All Rabbit Settings
case 0x65:
     return_value = readUserBlock(user_block_data, user_block_addr_offset, user_block_size);

switch(return_value)
     {
     case 0:
          printf("readUserBlock: Success
");
          set_port_pins(PORTA, *user_block_data);
          printf("Mem Loc=%X	Data=%X	Bytes=%u
", (SysIDBlock.userBlockLoc+user_block_addr_offset), *user_block_data, user_block_size);
          break;
     case -1:
          printf("readUserBlock: Invalid address or range
");
          break;
     case -2:
          printf("readUserBlock: No valid System ID block found
");
          break;
     default:
          break;
     }
     break;

I tried following the user block sample provided, which uses the “array type” functions so in order to just simplify it for my beginner mind I am just trying to write and read a single byte of data (I’m reading the port A values in my code above).

Please bear with me as my C coding skills are not as good as I would like and to make matters worse I am new to the Rabbit modules!

Any help you can offer will be very much appreciated as I am now stuck on this issue!!

Hi, When you run this application ,every time it will write the data on to the flash in the same address location,

It is better to write data on to the flash in different address locations based on your conditions, then you can able to get read your old values.

I think it might be helpful…