How can I do to activate the GPU

Hello, Im working with the wi-imx53 board, I’m using the Live DVD. I cofigured the kernel to work with the GPU, and the examples works. Now I want to use the GPU on my Qt app but i dont know how, I read that setting QApplication::setGraphicsSystem(“opengl”); would work but doesn`t it.

When you build a graphical image in DEY (Digi Embedded Yocto) there are GTK (gplayer) and QT based media player examples, both of which are using the gstreamer framework and the hw acceleration.
Digi Embedded Yocto (DEY)
The QT media player in the graphical images (X11 based) does support hardware acceleration using the following DEY versions depending on the platform:
• dey-1.4 for mx51/mx53 platforms
• dey-1.6+ for mx6 platforms

I am not sureabout DEL (digi Embedded Linux) try QT media player there.

Hello Leonid, thank you for reply.
I am using the Live DVD with the DIGI_ESP_digiEL_5.9,and Xconfig. Do you recommend me that I use DEY?

it really depends on your needs. If DEL can do what you need, it’s an easier toolchain to learn and use. If that does not provide features you need, you might consider DEY as it offers much more but harder to learn and use. Yocto is very popular in the industry tight now, so it might be a good thing to learn anyways.