how to cross compile perf tool in Digi EL 5.7 environment ?

Anyone tried to compile the perf tool on DigiEL 5.7 environment?
I tried following from directory /usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/kernel/linux-2.6.35/tools/perf$ , but getting errors:
export PATH=/usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin:$PATH
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-
make ARCH=arm

The error is:
Makefile:512: No libdw.h found or old libdw.h found or elfutils is older than 0.138, disables dwarf support. Please install new elfutils-devel/libdw-dev
Makefile:548: *** No libelf.h/libelf found, please install libelf-dev/elfutils-libelf-devel and glibc-dev[el]. Stop.

I can see that libelf.h/libelf are present in the following path:
./x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/libelf
./x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/libelf/libelf.h

even if i give sysroot path in the make command getting the same error.

try:
export PATH=/usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin:$PATH

export TOOLCHAIN_DIR=/usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/

Then something like:
CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure --host=arm-linux --target=arm-linux --prefix=/usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi

make CC=arm-linux-gcc

Thanks…
the suggested commands did not help, still getting the same error:
Makefile:512: No libdw.h found or old libdw.h found or elfutils is older than 0.138, disables dwarf support. Please install new elfutils-devel/libdw-dev
Makefile:548: *** No libelf.h/libelf found, please install libelf-dev/elfutils-libelf-devel and glibc-dev[el]. Stop.

It seems that the sysroot path is not getting exported to the Makefile or Makefile need modification to supply the correct path of sysroot.