how to use pro S1 direct i/o's without microcontroller............

how to write commands or program the xbee pro s1 without microcontroller and get direct i/o’s output and input.
Is there any possibility to get feedback from remote xbee to other and control it based on the input at same time when digital output is also given at same module…

I think this is what you need:
http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=2188

The easiest method would be to use I/O Line Passing. This lets you toggle a pin on one XBee and have it follow on another. There are a lot of examples on how to do this on Digi’s Examples Page here: examples.digi.com.

The disadvantage is that you get no feedback as to whether it worked…

If you need feedback and want to remotely control the remote pins using a command string, then you’re looking at running API on at least one radio and using a “Remote AT Command”.

The frame type is 0x17, and you can see how it’s assembled using the API Frame Maker, or the “Next Gen” version of XCTU.

Here’s an example for you:
I want to set the output of DIO0 of a remote XBee from LOW to HIGH. It’s address (SH and SL) is 0013A200 12345678.

Using the frame maker, I set the following:
[ul]
Frame Type: 0x17
64DestAddr: 0013A20012345678
16DestAddr: FFFE (unless you’re using ZigBee, it will always be FFFE)
CmdOptions: 2 (there’s a typo in the frame maker, setting this to 2 will apply changes immediately)
AT Cmd: D0
AT CmdData: 5 (HIGH)
[/ul]

The frame that gets generated is: 7E 00 10 17 01 00 13 A2 00 12 34 56 78 FF FE 02 44 30 05 A6

When this is sent as HEX into the XBee connected to my PC, it will set D0 to HIGH on the remote XBee.

I will also get a response frame back:
7E 00 0F 97 00 00 13 A2 00 12 34 56 78 FF FE 44 30 00 2E

The 00 near the end indicates that it went through successfully; this frame is your ACK.

Finally, if all you care about is reading the remote I/O lines (whether they are high or low, or analog inputs), you can sample this data: http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=3522

The Series 1 is a little weird when it comes to sampling, but this should give you a starting point.

Hope this helps!

-Charles

2 Likes

Thank you Brother… it was really helpful…