I can successfully communicate between a XBee series 2/arduino and another Xbee series 2.

It blinks an led on and off. However when I try to increase the flashing rate to blink the led on and off 10 times in 10 seconds it does not work. My final project requires that I be able to do this. Is it a hardware problem (series 2 not fast enough) or a software problem (tried using fastest baud rate)

You should be able to do that. Make sure that you have kept destination address field in Tx module as address of Rx module (and not default broadcast address 0xFFFF)

I am not sure anyone can answer that with the information you have currently provided. Is the LED in question connected to the 2nd radio or the 2nd Arduino processor?

If it is connected to the processor, then it could be either hardware or software related. The only way to determine which is to look at the code and then look at the manual for that processor and what that pin is capable of doing.

I will try your suggestion to see if it works

The system consists of one arduino processor connected to a coordinator xbee and one router xbee driving an LED. This is a proof of concept system as the future final system will have one arduino processor connected to a coordinator xbee and 10 router xbees driving 10 lights in 10 different locations. All 10 lights have to individually flash in ten seconds (minimum time) maximum time 30 seconds. This system will be used for training purposes. The sport - Cowboy mounted shooting. look it up CMSA

I believe what you want to do will require the use of remote AT commands sent from the Coordinator in API mode. What the remote AT command will do is turn off and off specific pins on specific module thus driving lines high and low to enable or disable LED’s… You will want to do some searching on various Arduino code sides to understand how to do this.

I got the two Xbees communicating at the correct speed to get my final project working. I am sending command frames from the coordinator to the the router. I can flash the light as fast as I require. However the range is only about 5 feet. I need at least 150 ft. Tried it outside out of range of my house wifi network. Still the same results. Changed batteries etc. Any suggestions?

I got the two Xbees communicating at the correct speed to get my final project working. I am sending command frames from the coordinator to the the router. I can flash the light as fast as I require. However the range is only about 5 feet. I need at least 150 ft. Tried it outside out of range of my house wifi network. Still the same results. Changed batteries etc. Any suggestions?